Thursday, December 3, 2009

Didn't we just fall asleep?

I could promise you I just fell asleep an hour ago - literally. John and Vala were able to dose off and get almost 4 hours of sleep before our phone alarm so nicely woke us up. But me..... I was too excited, I couldn't go to sleep.

You know how it is when you are a kid and it's Christmas Eve? You know tomorrow holds a big day, full of fun, food and family. And we can't forget the presents! You can barely sleep the night before. By the time morning comes you are tired and worn out from your imagination thinking of all the possibilities the next day will hold.

Last night was like that for me. Knowing I will finally see you, dear family and friends, has left me sleepless, tired and worn out. But no worries! I'm not driving! I can sleep on the way home to you.

It is 2:00am now here. Vala is softly stirring, and objecting to the hour. :O) John just finished with a quick shower to freshen up for the many, many hours we will be traveling. My turn next. Praise God for instant hot water tanks! We are so glad some Ukrainians have found these wonderful little devises! Most Ukrainians do not have hot water in their buildings this early in the morning. We could have had cold showers this morning. Slava Bog for instant tanks this morning!

I Wish you a wonderful day, full of the possibilities it still holds.
See you soon.
Jenn, John and Vala Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment